The tickets are now on sale for the 5th Annual Bloggers Bash event, and what a great way to start the new year!
What is the Bloggers Bash?
The Bloggers Bash is a social event for bloggers created by Sacha, with the help of her committee who are Geoff, Hugh, Suzie, Helen, Graeme and Adam. Its purpose is to bring together the blogging community and provide an opportunity for everyone to meet the friends they have made online. To see images from some of our previous events, click here to be taken to our gallery!
When is it?
Saturday 15th June 2019. Start and finish times tbc.
Where is it?
Grange Wellington Hotel. 71 Vincent Square, Westminster, London SW1P 2PA.
Is it a ticketed event?
Yes, tickets are sold in advance – payment is made through PayPal. We have a tiered system for the event, and with limited spaces available we advise that you purchase your tickets sooner rather than later as we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Early Bird Bash Ticket (available until 31st March) £20 pp
- Standard Tickets (available from 1st April until 25th May) £30 pp
- Late Entry Tickets (available from 26th May until 15th June May) £40 pp
Please take note of the small print:
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Tickets are non-transferable
- Tickets are limited on a first come first served basis
- Cost of a ticket is for entry to the event only (not for food or anything else)
- Those buying a ticket agree to comply with any health & safety rules set by the venue and to behave in a way that will not impact upon the enjoyment of other people
- The Committee reserves the right to change the venue and/or agenda of the event
- Payment for tickets via PayPal only.
To purchase your ticket at the Early Bird Price of £20, click the yellow button below!
Is it wheelchair accessible?
The Grange Wellington is wheelchair accessible and incorporates a number of accessible facilities throughout the hotel. Carers are welcome to accompany attendees.
What can I expect from the day??
- A final agenda will be released soon, but included there will be:
- a welcome speech.
- a chance for you to network and meet friends.
- a short lunch break where you can go off with friends to eat.
- The ABBA awards given out at intervals, and streamed live on Facebook to our international audience.
- Announcement of the winners of the Bloggers Bash Blog Post competition (more details to follow)
- Presentations on blogging and marketing your blog from guest speakers – this year we are incredibly lucky to have a presentation from Laura Creaven, creator of food blog Full to the Brum and co-founder of the Brum Bloggers networking group. Laura has appeared on TV and written for magazines to discuss her knowledge of the incredible food scene in Birmingham, and she will be giving a presentation and answering questions on how she grew her blog to the level of success that she has now achieved. .
- A panel debate.
- A flat lay photography workshop.
- Goody bags to take home with you.
We are also hosting a mobile studio from talented photographer Duncan Walker where you can get a new head shot for your blog or book. Practice your best Blue Steel, strike a pose or simply have a memento of the day with your friends. *This is not included in the ticket price – pricing tbc at a later date.
Will there be food and drink available?
No. Food is not included in the cost of your ticket but we will break for 1 hour so that people can get some lunch. You are welcome to bring your own lunch, and there are numerous places where food can be purchased near the venue.
Can I bring treats to share?
Yes, you can bring treats such as chocolates and sweets to share with your fellow bloggers.
I’m not on WordPress, can I still go?
Absolutely. Bloggers from any and all blogging platforms are welcome. And if you’re not on WordPress then please do share this event as we would love to reach the other platforms. You don’t just have to be from the UK to come as we have had bloggers from all over the world attend previous events.
Can I bring a friend?
We would prefer that guests are bloggers but, if you want to bring someone to keep you company, you’re more than welcome, but due to limited spaces they must purchase a ticket to attend the event unless they are a carer.
Should I bring anything with me?
Business cards and flyers to swap and a camera if you like photos.
What are the ABBAs?
- The ABBAs are the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards.
- You, the bloggers, nominate your favourite bloggers for the awards.
- Then the nominees are put to the vote, it is an open vote, voted for by you.
- The award categories for 2019 will be announced soon.
- Details of the voting rules etc will be posted nearer the time.
Are places limited to attend?
Yes, so we recommend you buy your ticket early to avoid disappointment. Once all the tickets have been sold, we won’t be able to sell anymore, as the room at the venue can only hold a limited number of people.
Are there any Bloggers Bash souvenirs?
All attendees will be given a goody bag to take home with them.
I can’t make the Bash, can I still join in remotely?
I can’t make it, but I’d like to know what happens.
We (the committee) will write up events from the day as well as post the results of the awards on the day too. The blogging and marketing presentations, plus the panel debate, will also be made available.
Remember, you can follow on social media.
Also, last year many of the bloggers who attended the Bash posted their experiences.
We will post a list of attendees before the day.
I have a question I’d like to ask the Guest speakers or the panel.
Drop us a line if there’s something you’d like asking, although we can’t promise everyone’s questions will get asked, we will do our best. You can email your questions to Annualbloggersbash(AT)yahoo(DOT)co(DOT)uk
We will post a list of confirmed attendees closer to the time so that you can follow them or introduce yourself.
Help! I can’t find the venue.
Fear not. If it is the day of the Bash and you can’t find the venue, we will (closer to the day) provide a number you can contact one of the committee on.
Sorry folks, but I can no longer come
Tickets are non-refundable. Please ensure that if you cannot make the event that you let us know as soon as possible if you can’t make it, as spaces are limited.
I’m camera shy, I don’t want to be filmed or photographed.
Ok, during the day we do film sections of the event and there are copious amounts of photos taken. If you don’t want to be in photos or films please let Sacha and/or Hugh know on arrival.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW?
1. BUY your ticket by using the yellow ‘buy now’ button above.
2. Send us your blog name and link to firstname.lastname@example.org so you can be added to our attendee’s post. (NB: if you don’t send this information you won’t be added).
3. Pop the date in the diary and tell the world you’re attending a fabulous blogger soiree.
4. Sort out your travel and accommodation.
5. Pack your bag, remember to bring business cards, throw in a notebook, and join us for a fantastic day of blogging fun.